This year has provided us a very different kind of Art class. We have relocated to a computer lab temporarily while our renovation is underway. Very soon we will be back to a new art room with new furniture. I hope to have a renewed energy when we return. We have definitely gotten a good rest after a week off for cold winter weather. We will continue using Google Classroom for our lessons. This is a wonderful platform that allows students to revisit lessons whenever they need them. We have so much to look forward to in 2018. It is going to be a great year.
American poet Celia Thaxter once wrote, “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.”I am grateful to be a part of our wonderful school, and I look forward to working with you whenever you need assistance._____________________________________
Art teacher and Counselor. I would like to provide you with a list of resources that have been collected for my most recent assignment in my pursuit to become a school counselor. Your Wellborn Family is here to help when you need it most. Here are some resources that are provided in our community.
(ACEF ) Anniston Community Education Foundation
Facilitates partnerships with key stakeholders to increase the academic achievement of youth in the Anniston Area. Scholarships and opportunities available.
Contact: :818 Leighton Avenue
Suite A, Anniston, AL 36207 256-741-1630
AGAPE of Central Alabama, INC
- Adoption, Foster Care & Crisis Pregnancy
- Contact: agapeforchildren.org; 1-800-329-1020
Anniston Career Center
- The Alabama Career Center is a one-stop career center, offering free employment services available to all businesses and job seekers.
1731 Coleman road Anniston 256-832-1047
- FREE support for teens with a family member or friend who is having an alcohol or drug problem.
- Contact: RMC’s Physicians’ Center 901 Leighton Ave #406, Anniston, Al. 36201
Anniston Soup Bowl
Serving hot meals to people in need one day a week
1516 Moore Ave · (256) 236-6794 · Opens Monday 8-5
Calhoun Cleburne children’s Center
Provides sensitive, supportive, and expert professional interventions and assistance to sexually and physically abused children
Contact: 256-238-0902 2100 Leighton Ave. Anniston
Department of Human Resources (DHR)
- Charged by law to protect and assist people who are unable to look after their own interests. Includes Child support, family and children’s services, food stamps, and temporary assistance to needy families.
- Contact Information: 256-240-2021
- 415 West 11th Street Anniston, Alabama
Specialize in a variety of techniques to help children and teens with behavioral problems, Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, and more
Contact:331 East 8th Street Anniston, Alabama 36207
Jacksonville, AL 36265 256-236-3403
- Family resources and youth services to include the Why Try program. They offer a variety of prevention programs aimed to address and tackle issues that will decrease and eliminate delinquent behavior in youth. Programs such as Shoplifting prevention, anger management, teen parenting, and mentoring
- Contact: http://www.familylinksonline.org/
- 256-820-5911 105 W15th street Anniston, Al
Family Services Center
Social services in Anniston Alabama Contact:256-231-2240 105 W 15th St. Anniston
The Children’s Policy Council is in support of Family Services
Adult Dental Clinic, Christmas Clearing House, Emergency Assistance, Meals on Wheels, The Open Door, SenioRX
- Contact: http://www.interfaithcalhoun.org/
- 1431 Gurnee Ave. Anniston, Al. 256-237-147
The Learning Tree Anniston-Jacksonville
- Provides educational, residential and support services for children and adolescents with developmental disabilities, including autism.
- Contact: 6344 Roy Webb Road Piedmont, Al.36272
Save A Life Calhoun County
Pregnancy Testing, Ultrasounds, Baby items, Fathers support, Adoption information
1506 Leighton Ave. Suite A, Anniston, AL 36207
- 256.237.9999 • email@example.com
- Provides spiritual, social and emotional assistance for all ages. Offers emergency shelter, job training and placement, social services and seasonal assistance. Also provides work, group and individual therapy for men who are recovering from addictions.
- Contact: 420 Noble Street, Anniston 256-236-5643 http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn
- O*Net: occupational information. onetcenter.org.
- Send an anonymous tip to a registered School or Law Enforcement agency http://www.anonymoustips.com/anon-tips/
- Calhoun County Schools Website: Access school weather updates, School bucks lunch accounts, Infosnap, and helpful information. https://www.calhouncountyschools.com/Page/1
4. Kuder.com evidence-based career assessment, education planning, and guidance resources.https://www.kuder.com/
- Calhoun County Free and Reduced printable lunch form link https://www.calhouncountyschools.com/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=8004&dataid=6229&FileName=SY17-18%20Free%20and%20Reduced%20Price%20Meals%20Application.pdf
- Alabama State Department of Education: even more information on curriculum and state education policies. alsde.edu.
My name is Sandy Schmick and I teach Visual Art. I have a Bachelors Degree in Education and Visual Art and a Masters Degree in School Counseling. I look forward to having you in my class.